I am going to the tree of knowledge to learn about communication, would you like to go with me?
Communication between you and me happens at 4 levels.
1. At the level of dualism, we talk about you and me, our past memories and others. Unconsciously, we react, attack, condemn and judge others.
2. At the level of semi-dualism, we talk about you and me, our past memories, others and Reality or God. We expect God to react, attack, condemn, judge and punish others for their thoughts and actions.
3. At the level of non-dualism, we talk less about you and me and talk more about God. We become aware - when I talk about you or others, I am actually talking about myself, and when you talk about me or others, you are actually talking about yourself. We become aware, if we react, attack, condemn or judge others, we are actually reacting, attacking, condemning and judging our own thoughts and actions.
4. At the level of pure non-dualism, there is neither you nor me, only God is. We cease all communication. We become one with God or Reality.
WORDS ARE GUIDEPOSTS
The Guru's dog loved his evening play with his Master. The dog would run ahead to fetch a ball, then run back, wag his tail, and wait for the next ball. On this particular evening, the teacher invited one of his student to join him – this student was so intelligent that he became troubled by the contradictions in Guru's teaching.
“You must understand,” said the teacher, “that words are only guideposts. Never let the words or symbols get in the way of truth. Here, I’ll show you.”
With that the teacher called his happy dog.
“Fetch me the moon,” he said to his dog and pointed to the full moon.
“Where is my dog looking?” asked the teacher of the bright student.
“He’s looking at your finger.”
“Exactly. Don’t be like a dog. Don’t confuse the pointing finger with the thing that is being pointed at. All my words are only guideposts. Every one fights his or her way through other people's words to find their own truth.”
I like the ending of one of my favorite movies, Life of Brian, with Monty Python, where they say, “You come from nothing, you’re going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing!”
TALKING TO THE MIND
The Liberated One's
- is not talking to me as a body because they know I am not a body.
- is not talking to the one I see in the mirror.
- is not talking to me that I dress, I feed, I work, I play, I relax, I sleep.
- is not talking to the me that reads words with my eyes that my brain thinks about it.
The Liberated One is talking to the mind, specifically, to the decision making part of the mind that made incorrect choice to follow ego as a teacher and has to undo the incorrect choice by choosing the Holy Spirit, as my teacher. It will take time for me to intellectually understand this correctly and to experience it correctly.
Christians call the teacher of all teachers, Holy Spirit, in Hinduism It is Shakti, in Sikhism It is Wahe Guru, in Islam It is Ruh al-Qudus, in Buddhism It is Dharma, in New Age It is Inner Voice, or Still Small Voice.
NO ATTACHMENT - ONLY PURE LOVE
A glass of water is holding water. But empty glass is not holding emptiness. Neither emptiness is holding the glass. Both are free and yet they are into each other. This is divine love. No attachment: only pure love.
( All levels of awareness is expressed in this scenario. Let's not get carried away by words. Let our awareness carry us beyond words).